The museum has developed several Educational Programmes to enhance and supplement school curriculum from Gr R to Gr 12. Below are few programmes offered in English, Afrikaans and Isizulu. for more information schools are welcomed to contact Education Department staff at 033 394 6834/5/6
1. The Lifestyle of the Voortrekkers (video available)
2. Lifestyle of the Zulu people (video available)
3.The Indian people of South africa
4. The Anglo- Boer war in SA (focus on events in KZN) – Exhibition in 333 Boom Street open to public Mondays and on request.
5. Birth of Democracy (1948- 1994)
5. Natural healing (use of herbs across cultures) – herb garden available to see some of the herbs
6. Transport through times
Booked school groups pay a nominal fee of only R1-00 per child, and entrance for educators is free and we offer guided tours and formal programmes.
Our reference library has internet cafe to help learners with some of their research project. For more information contact the Librarian at 033 394 6834/5/6. Adults R10 per hour and Students/Learners R5 per hour. It is closed on Saturdays.